Deniz polisinden Adalar çevresinde 'deniz taksi' denetimi

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said, “Europe did not start this conflict. We do not necessarily want to retaliate, but if needed, we have a strong plan and we will use it.”

On Monday, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said Trump would unveil his tariff plan on Wednesday. She provided no details but noted Trump has frequently proposed reciprocal tariffs – dollar for dollar.

Von der Leyen said the EU is open to negotiations: “We will approach negotiations from a position of strength. Europe holds many cards – in trade, technology, and the size of our market. But that strength also means being ready to take firm countermeasures. All options are on the table.”

She did not provide further details but reminded that last month the EU already responded to Trump’s steel and aluminum tariffs by announcing tariffs on up to €26 billion worth of US goods, including boats, bourbon, and motorcycles.

The EU is a major market for US exports. According to the US Department of Commerce, last year the EU was the largest single market for American goods, ahead of Canada and Mexico.

British News Agency

 

facebook sharing button Facebook
twitter sharing button Tweeter
whatsapp sharing button Whatsapp